Check out this list of frequently asked questions to learn more about Chromebooks.
1. Switch from a PC or Mac to a Chromebook
- What is the difference between a Chromebook and other computers, such as a Windows PC or Mac?
The Chromebook is a new type of computer designed to help you do more, faster and easier. It runs on Chrome OS, an operating system that offers cloud storage, multiple levels of security, and the best of Google.
2. Learn more about switching to a Chromebook
- Why are Chromebooks cheaper than traditional computers?
We work with manufacturers to keep Chromebooks affordable so you do not have to worry about the price of most software. You can also choose from the thousands of free (professional and fun) apps available in the Chrome Web Store.
- Does the Chromebook work offline?
Yes. You can enjoy applications designed to work offline and continue to use a Chromebook without being connected to the Internet. Here are some examples of things you can do with an offline Chromebook:
– Read and write emails with Gmail offline
– Write a note or list with Google Keep
– Create and edit documents, slides, or spreadsheets with Google Drive apps (Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
– View events and respond to invitations with Google Calendar, View and edit saved photos with built-in photo editing
– Listen to music or watch movies with the inbuilt media player
3. Use apps on a Chromebook
- Does Microsoft Office Work on Chromebook?
On all Chromebooks, you’ll open, edit, download, and convert several Microsoft workplace files.
On Chromebooks that support mechanical man apps, Microsoft workplace is presently offered as associate mechanical man app. To find out which Microsoft applications are available for your device, go to the Google Play Store.
- Does iTunes Work on Chromebook?
iTunes does not work on Chromebooks. You can, however, add music from iTunes to your Google Play Music library. Learn how to play music on your Chromebook.
- Does Skype work on Chromebook?
On Chromebooks that support Android apps, Skype is available as an app on the Google Play Store.
- What is the Google Play Store?
The Google Play Store lets you find a wide variety of Android apps and download them to your Chromebook. Find out which Chromebooks are compatible with Android apps. Music, videos and photos
- How can I store photos and organize them?
You can save your photos with Google Photos, where they will be stored quickly and securely, while being organized for you.
- How am I able to hear music and watch videos?
You can stream music and organize your personal music library with Google Play Music, try on YouTube or Google Play Movies to watch movies and videos.
4. Store your files
- Am I required to store my files online (or in the cloud)?
You can favor to store your files on your Chromebook or on-line with a cloud-based file storage service like Google Drive. With Google Drive, your data is stored in Google’s highly secure data centers.
- What happens to my Google Drive files when my free storage expires?
Each Chromebook comes with at least 100GB of free storage on Google Drive for two years. When your free storage expires, all of your files remain on Google Drive. You can use, download or share them as you see fit. If you need more storage space, you can buy more here.
5. Use accessories and print documents
- Are Chromebooks equipped with CD or DVD drives?
Chromebooks do not have a CD or DVD drive, but you can play music files and movie files saved in any file type compatible with the media player. You can also play files from a USB flash drive or SD card.
- Can I print documents with a Chromebook?
Yes it’s possible. To print with a Chromebook, set up your printer or configure Googl e Cloud Print.
- What kind of accessories can I use with a Chromebook?
Many accessories, such as Windows or Mac USB sticks, mice, keyboards, and external storage devices, work well with Chromebooks.
With the above information, we believe that you will better understand the benefits and techniques of chromebook, better support for you to choose a suitable product. Not just for adults, chromebook for kids is also always concerned and selected by parents.